Located just across the river from Kew Gardens, Syon Park is only about 10 miles away from the centre of London making it an ideal place to visit whilst you are in the capital. Syon Park has been owned by His Grace The Duke of Northumberland and his family for over four hundred years. The park consists of a wonderful house that showcases perhaps the finest Robert Adam interior in the country and 40 acres of gardens.
Things to see and do at the Park
For those who are planning to visit Syon Park there are many things to see and do whilst you are there. Here is a list of some of the interesting things not to miss:
- The House - Due to its magnificent historical architecture and wonderful period paintings Syon house has been a favourite location for many film studios and TV companies. See at first hand where shots from television historical dramas such as Byron, The Lost Prince and The Young Visitors were filmed.
- The Gardens - With over almost 200 species of trees, 100 different varieties of old-fashioned roses and a large lake Syon Park’s gardens has a great deal to offer. Not to mention the Great Conservatory (recently restored) which forms the centrepiece of the park.
From March to October the Syon Park Gardens are open daily between 10.30 and 17.00 (Sunday to Thursday). On Fridays and Saturdays the gardens will close an hour earlier at 16.00 with last admissions being at 15.00.Note: bad weather conditions may cause the park to close earlier on some days.
The Syon house will be open to the public (Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays) from 11.00 - 17.00 between the 14th of March 2012 and the 28th of October 2012. Last admissions are at 16.00pm.
How to get to Syon Park
- 237 or 267 to Brent Lea stop in Brentford
- E2 or E8 to Holiday Inn stop in Brentford (50 yards walk to pedestrian entrance opposite Pets at Home)
- From Waterloo to Kew Bridge, then bus as above
- From Waterloo to Brentford or Syon Lane, then 20 minute walk to pedestrian entrance
- District line to Gunnersbury, then bus as above
- Central Line to Ealing Broadway, then bus as above
- Piccadilly Line to Boston Manor, then bus as above
Stay With Us
After a fantastic day at Syon Park, refresh and relax at the Holiday Inn Farnborough. Book now to get our best available rates with Full English Breakfast or call us directly on 0871 942 9029 and quote 'IDAVE'.